- You really want to use ARSStore.org, but forget and go directly to Amazon.com. What can you do?
1. What is the ARSStore.org?
At the October 4, 2013, ARS Board of Directors meeting, the board authorized the creation of an online site that would not be directly selling items but would link to other providers. The Online Store was authorized to develop a relationship with Amazon as an affiliate store. The Online Store was also authorized to use the ARS logo and name to sell logo merchandise. These providers pay a commission to the ARS on sales made from ARSStore.org referrals. These commissions from sales referrals come back 100 percent to the ARS. The store has NO expenses. [index]
2. How do I use the ARSStore.org?
Just go to ARSStore.org and from there select what interests you. Amazon sells just about everything. As long as you go to Amazon from ARSStore.org, the ARS gets a referral fee. As indicated on ARSStore.org, a couple merchants ask you to contact them directly. Be sure to mention ARSStore.org to them. [index]
3. What can I buy?
ARSStore.org currently has three divisions:
ARS Logo Merchandise (payment by check or money order)
1. Deluxe Logo Shirts & Jackets with the ARS logo fully embroidered.
2. Value Logo Shirts & Jackets with the ARS logo where the background is the material of the shirt. The quality is the same, but the embroidery is less expensive.
3. Caps & Hats with "American Rhododendron Society" embroidered.
4. Computer Briefcases with the ARS Logo fully embroidered.
5. Many other ARS Logo Items including: Aprons, Bags, Banner, Buttons, Calendar, Cards, Clocks, Coasters,Glasses, Golf Balls, Jewelry, Keychain, License Plate Frame, Luggage Tag, Magnets, Mugs, Ornament, Pillows, Stationary, Sweatshirts, T-shirts, Wallet, Watch, Water Bottles, and a Yard Sign.
Amazon.com Merchandise (payment by credit or debit card)
1. Rhododendron and Azalea Books with reviews of 79 titles.
2. Garden Books with virtually every title available, new & used.
3. Garden Tools featuring hand tools, long handled tools, garden supplies, goodies for the gardener, and rhododendron gifts.
4. Many other items including the entire Amazon store.
ARStore.org Participating Merchants (check the merchants' websites for terms)
1. Powell's Books sells new & used books, but also buys used books.
2. Calendula Horticultural Books has used and antiquarian books.
3. Plus these popular national names: Best Buy, HP, iTunes Store, Microsoft, Rodale, Rodale's, Sam's Club, Target, and Walmart. [index]
4. How can I be sure of what I am ordering?
One of the great things about Amazon is the Customer Review section for each item. They are frank and honest and feature all of the reviews, both positive and negative. Before pressing "Add to Cart," first check Customer Reviews to make sure of what you are getting. [index]
5. How much more am I paying for things?
Nothing. You get the same low prices and the ARS gets a fee for referring you. A true win-win situation. [index]
6. How can I be sure the ARS will be getting a commission?
If you go to ARSStore.org and use links on ARSStore.org, your purchase will be eligible for commissions to the ARS. Note: with merchants who only accept phone orders, be sure to mention ARSStore.org. [index]
7. If I forget to go through ARSStore.org, can I still get ARS the fee?
No. The commission is a referral fee. If you don't use ARSStore.org or mention ARSStore.org, there is no referral and hence, no referral fee. [index]
8. Does the link to the Amazon ARSStore.org time out?
Yes, you can not stay on the Amazon site too long, or it will not preserve the referral from ARSStore.org. You have plenty of time to browse, but don't leave for several hours and expect the referral to be still in effect. [index]
9. Can people who are not members of the ARS use ARSStore.org?
Yes, most certainly. The object is to raise money for the ARS. The more money we raise the better. Invite all of your friends to use it. There are illustrated links you can use for email as well as illustrations you can use for newsletters and other printed media. Invite your favorite nurseries to add links to ARSStore.org. [index]
10. Why should everyone use ARSStore.org?
Every purchase on ARSStore.org results in a contribution to the ARS at no additional cost. And if you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping and many free media downloads. [index]
11. What should I do if I have a problem?
Please report any problem with this website to firstname.lastname@example.org. This site has been tested on numerous browsers including: Camino, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Omniweb, Opera, and Safari. It has been tested on Macs and Windows and on iPads and iPods.
The only problems seen have been with some versions of Internet Explorer. You you have a problem with Internet Explorer, please update Internet Explorer or use a different browser.
If you have a problem with any order, please contact the store that fulfilled the order.
The ARS logo merchandise is sold by Hasch Daal Custom Embroidery, 57 Klines Corner Road, Kutztown, PA 19530-9656; 610-683-9920; Deborah@HaschDaal.com.
Amazon has a help page which should help you if you have a problem on an Amazon order. On the right side of every help page is a "Contact Us" button which will put you in email, phone, or chat contact. If you'd still rather call them directly, their number is: 1-866-216-1072.
The ARSStore.org Participating Merchants have contact information on their websites. [index]
12. Why does the commission on referrals vary from 4% to 25%?
At Amazon the referral rate starts at 4%. If 7 or more items are purchased in a month, the rate is 6% or more. It is 6% on Amazon gift cards, 17% on ARS Logo Merchandise, and 25% on magazine subscriptions. Typically it will be between 6% and 6.5%. The ARSStore.org Participating Merchants have their own fee schedules that range from 4% to 25%. [index]
13. Why does ARSStore.org have a Canadian Store and a European Store?
Canadians and Europeans can use the Main Store which uses Amazon.com, but the shipping can be expensive. The Canadian Store uses Amazon.ca, a Canadian affiliate, which carries many of the same things. If Amazon.ca has the item, the shipping within Canada will probably cost less. The European Store uses Amazon stores in the UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy which can offer lower cost shipping within Europe. Do not go to Amazon.ca, Amazon.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.es, or Amazon.it from Amazon.com. If you do, your purchase will not qualify for a referral fee. You must go to these stores from ARSStore.org. [index]
14. How do I buy from Amazon.com?
From the ARSStore.org home page, you can click on any of the buttons except for the logo merchandise and other merchants buttons and you will be in Amazon. Just select what you want and then select “Add to Shopping Cart.” Then continue shopping. When you are done, select “Shopping Cart” to review what you have in your Shopping Cart. When it is what you want, click on “Proceed to Checkout” to complete the transaction which includes prompts for shipping address, shipping method, payment method, and final review before you complete the transaction. [index]
15. How do I become a Participating Merchant and make payments?
If you would like to become an ARS Participating Merchant, contact the ARSStore.org manager at email@example.com. You must submit references and agree to submit a referral fee on each ARSStore.org referral of 4% or more to the American Rhododendron Society, an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. For existing participants, the referral fees payments may be made through the Donation Links on this site. Please also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so the donation can be confirmed. [index]
16. Thanks to the JARS and the following chapters who help publicize ARSStore.org
Journal of the American Rhododendron Society, 2014 Winter, page 45-6
Azalea Chapter, December 2013 "Azalea Bloom", page 12 & Website
Cascade Chapter, January 2014 Newsletter, page 3 & Website
Cowichan Valley Chapter, November 2013 Newsletter, page 7
Danish Rhododendron Society, Website "ARS News" Webpage
Eugene Chapter, January 2014 Newsletter, page 5
Eureka Chapter, Newsletter
Fraser South Chapter, December 2013 “The Yak”, page 6
Hawaii Chapter, December 2013 "Viva Vireya", page 2
Mid-Atlantic Chapter, December 2013 Rhododendron News and Notes, page 7
Mount Arrowsmith Chapter, December 2013 "The Rodovine" Newsletter, page 6
Nanaimo Chapter, December 2013 Newsletter, page 3
New York Chapter, January 2014 Newsletter
North Island Chapter, December 2013 "Rhodoteller", page 6 & Website
Noyo Chapter, Website “ARS Store” Webpage
Portland Chapter, December 2013 Rhododendron News, page 5
Potomac Valley Chapter, Website & January 2014 Newsletter, page 6
Seattle Chapter, December 2013 Rhododendronland, page 5
Siuslaw Chapter, December 2013 "Macrophyllum, page 5
Valley Forge Chapter, January 2014 Newsletter, page 5 & Website
Victoria Chapter, Website
Willamette Chapter December 2013 Newsletter. [index]
17. I really want to use ARSStore.org, but I forget and go directly to Amazon.com. What can I do?
There is a way to make it easy: Click on this link Amazon.com(ARS). Then bookmark the page that opens and label it Amazon(ARS). For instructions on how to bookmark a page, go to the blog entry: Bookmarks: for ultimate ease of use. [index]